Most Popular Stories
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- City breaks ground on the Barton Springs bathhouse
- City nixes $2M McKinsey homelessness study, signaling poor cooperation among partners
Discover News By District
Free food for military at ABIA
Monday, November 20, 2017 by Katy McElroy
During Thanksgiving week, concessionaires at the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport will be showing their appreciation to members of the military by offering them free meals. Nov. 20-26, Delaware North Companies is offering uniformed service members one free entree and one large fountain drink from Earl Campbell’s Sports Bar, Schlotzsky’s deli, Maudie’s Tex-Mex, the Salt Lick BBQ and Saxon Pub. Nov. 23-25, Paradies Lagardère will be offering one free non-alcoholic beverage and one menu item to active and retired service members who show their military identification at ThunderCloud Subs, Second Bar + Kitchen and Ruta Maya.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?