Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Possible Austin city manager candidate causes ‘s—show,’ but also sheds light on recruiting process
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Council approves climate funding and telework policies
Discover News By District
Find a free vaccine clinic near you
Wednesday, January 5, 2022 by Tai Moses
The surge in Covid-19 cases driven by the omicron variant has pushed Austin-Travis County back to Stage 4 of the risk-based guidelines, and health officials are urging unvaccinated Austinites to get vaccinated without further delay. To make it easier, Travis County, Austin Public Health and their community partners continue to host a variety of free Covid vaccine distribution events every week. Simply check out the handy online calendar and map to find the date, time and location of the vaccine event nearest your home or workplace. No appointments are required. Getting vaccinated takes less time than it does to get a mocha Frappuccino at Starbucks – and it’s a whole lot better for your health. People receiving their second dose, third dose or booster shot should bring their CDC Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card so it can be updated.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?