About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Transit leaders preparing new Project Connect scenarios for March open house
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Google Fiber to expand presence in Travis County
- Texas Legislature could derail Austin’s transit expansion
- Austin Public Health offers $50 gift cards for COVID vaccinations and boosters
Discover News By District
FC to break ground on new affordable housing project, with help from other FC
Wednesday, April 24, 2019 by Elizabeth Pagano
Foundation Communities breaks ground on its latest affordable housing complex, Waterloo Terrace, today. The ceremony, which will take place at Bluebonnet Studios at 10:30 a.m., will feature Austin FC’s philanthropic organization, 4ATX, which will present a check, along with speakers Mayor Steve Adler, Foundation Communities Executive Director Walter Moreau and Austin FC and Precourt Sports Ventures CEO Anthony Precourt. When complete, Waterloo Terrace will be Foundation Communities’ 25th affordable housing project, and 27 of the efficiencies at the new complex at 12190 N. MoPac Expressway will be reserved for homeless and low-income veterans.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?