Most Popular Stories
- City to ban unsafe fence designs
- On-street light rail route selected as best option for city’s mass transit plan
- Public Safety Commission, APD reach a detente
- As city ends remote and telework opportunities, county receives national recognition for its remote work initiative
- Paxton opinion notes likely missteps, possible way forward for Project Connect
Discover News By District
Everything you ever wanted to know about getting to ACL
Tuesday, October 1, 2019 by Tai Moses
The good folks at the Transportation Department want to help you get to the Austin City Limits festival, which takes place at Zilker Park two weekends this month: Oct. 4-6 and Oct. 11-13. No parking is permitted at Zilker during the event, so there will be no jumping into your car and driving off wildly in all directions: You really do need to plan ahead. ATD aims to help you “discover the many ways you can get to and from the festival without needing to drive a personal vehicle.” Your options include taking the official festival shuttle, hopping on a Cap Metro bus, hailing a pedicab, riding your bicycle, renting a B-cycle or dockless e-scooter, walking, using Uber or Lyft, or carpooling with friends. Check out ACL’s Getting Here page for more details and be sure to look at ATD’s map of festival area street closures and pickup/dropoff spots below. Happy planning!
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?