About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- City breaks ground on the Barton Springs bathhouse
- City nixes $2M McKinsey homelessness study, signaling poor cooperation among partners
Discover News By District
Enjoy your parks safely
Tuesday, May 19, 2020 by Elizabeth Pagano
The Austin Parks Foundation wants to make sure residents are using city parks in a safe manner, which will allow the parks to remain open. Yesterday, the foundation held an online forum giving Parks and Recreation Department Director Kimberly McNeeley, Texas Parks and Wildlife Director Rodney Franklin and Austin Parks Foundation CEO Colin Wallis the opportunity to discuss recent strategies employed to make outdoor recreation safe amid the pandemic. That discussion, which took place yesterday, is embedded below.
On Monday the parks department also took a stab at helping people enjoy city parks from the comfort of their own homes with a new coloring book that can be found online.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?