Most Popular Stories
- ‘Little Luckenbach’ could link Sam’s Town Point to $270M South Austin entertainment district
- City releases new telework standards for its employees
- City Council moves toward enshrining remote work options
- As Austin grows, real estate leaders look at state of city’s character, reputation
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
Discover News By District
Eastwood signage dedication postponed to June
Thursday, February 10, 2022 by Tai Moses
The unveiling of new historical signage for Eastwoods Park has been postponed and rescheduled for the summer to coincide with the annual Juneteenth festivities. Juneteenth historical interpretation signage and a Lone Star Legacy Award plaque, which were installed at the park last year, will be officially dedicated in a joint ceremony on June 11 at 11:00 a.m. Eastwoods Park, the site of Wheeler’s Grove, one of Austin’s earliest Emancipation parks, was once a favorite location for the local Black community to celebrate Juneteenth. The Eastwoods Neighborhood Association proposed a Juneteenth interpretive sign last year after surveying the surrounding community and raising funds for the installation.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?