About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Possible Austin city manager candidate causes ‘s—show,’ but also sheds light on recruiting process
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Council approves climate funding and telework policies
Discover News By District
Early voting starts today
Monday, April 25, 2022 by Elizabeth Pagano
Starting today, Austinites will get a chance to cast their ballots for (or against) decriminalizing weed and banning no-knock warrants under the petition-driven Proposition A. Early voting starts Monday and will run through Tuesday, May 3. Election day is May 7. Travis County residents may cast a ballot at any early voting location – all of which are listed on the county’s clerk’s website – from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Saturday and Sunday from noon-6 p.m. A number of elections are taking place in the area. The League of Women Voters Austin Area has put together a guide detailing those contests and outlining what voters should (and shouldn’t!) take to the polls.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?