Most Popular Stories
- Garza makes major changes to city organization
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Report: APD Training Academy curriculum review flawed, hampered by resistance to reform
- Landmark Commission stalls demolition at former summer camp in Northwest Hills
- Austin Public Health offers $50 gift cards for COVID vaccinations and boosters
Discover News By District
Don’t forget your flu shot
Tuesday, September 26, 2017 by Nina Hernandez
It’s the flu shot season yet again. While not quite the peak of flu season, which generally occurs a few months from now, the virus can start spreading around October, and so preparations must be made soon. Austin Public Health reminds us that, along with a shot, we should all wash our hands as much as possible, cover up coughs and sneezes, and stay home if we’re sick. The county provides free flu shots to uninsured residents (6 months and older) and all Medicare recipients. Beginning this week, there are three scheduled flu clinics scheduled for the next month. Find the clinic schedules, and details on which ones require appointments in advance, here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?