Most Popular Stories
- Transit leaders preparing new Project Connect scenarios for March open house
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Google Fiber to expand presence in Travis County
- Texas Legislature could derail Austin’s transit expansion
- Austin Public Health offers $50 gift cards for COVID vaccinations and boosters
Discover News By District
Developers, community leaders discuss affordable housing
Thursday, December 19, 2019 by Tai Moses
The Neighborhood Housing and Community Development Department hosted a series of meetings on Dec. 3 for developers and community leaders to discuss expanding city programs and policies that would incentivize affordable housing construction in the city. Community members may view the entire presentation online. The meetings were following up on a community dialogue that began in December 2018, when NHCD invited developers and community leaders “to provide input on revamping and streamlining the Affordable Housing Development Assistance process.” The result was that NHCD has made “significant progress for affordable housing construction,” said James May, NHCD community development manager.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?