About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Possible Austin city manager candidate causes ‘s—show,’ but also sheds light on recruiting process
- Council approves climate funding and telework policies
- Austin area has dangerously high levels of air pollution, according to new EPA standards
Discover News By District
D8 candidate plans Rail Bond Town Hall
Tuesday, September 23, 2014 by Elizabeth Pagano
District 8 candidate Eliza May added to the impressive list of campaign events by organizing a Rail Bond Town Hall that will take place next Tuesday. The town hall will be moderated by former state Sen. Gonzalo Barrientos and will feature panelists Bill Oakey, Lou McCreary and Scott Morris. In her invitation, May says that Austinites need to be “asking tough questions” about the rail proposal. The town hall will take place on Sept. 30 at 7 p.m. at the Western Hills Church of Christ in Oak Hill, 6211 Parkwood Drive.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?