About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
Discover News By District
Covid-19 data portal gets an update
Monday, May 18, 2020 by Elizabeth Pagano
Austin Public Health has unveiled its new Covid-19 digital dashboard. The new site, which is available in mobile and desktop formats, has been redesigned and moved off of the city’s Covid-19 site. Case counts, deaths and hospitalization data will continue to be updated daily, and demographic data will be updated weekly. In addition, according to a news update from the city, the dashboard now includes:
- Demographic data of all confirmed cases, hospitalizations and deaths
- Breakdown of Covid-19 symptom onset in comparison to local policy implementations
- Number of confirmed cases and deaths reported each day since the first reported case (March 13) as well as the first symptom onset date (March 2)
- Updates to visuals representing the progression of cases and hospitalizations since the first reported case
- Further clarification and context on information provided on the dashboard.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?