About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Austin apartments boomed and rents went down. Now, some builders are dismantling the cranes.
- As Council prepped public support, local Google workers learned of layoffs
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- Travis County celebrates shift to telework
Discover News By District
Council works to stop SH45 SW
Friday, October 17, 2014 by Elizabeth Pagano
In their continued battle against State Highway 45 Southwest, City Council members passed a resolution Thursday that reaffirms their opposition to construction of the road. They asked the city manager to explore the city’s legal options regarding the proposed highway project and to report back to Council before Nov. 20, when it will be discussed during an executive session. The resolution comes on the heels of a September report issued by the city’s Watershed Protection and Transportation Departments. The resolution that was passed Thursday highlights Council’s concerns about Flint Ridge Cave, species preservation, and risks to groundwater and surface water.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?