Most Popular Stories
- ‘Little Luckenbach’ could link Sam’s Town Point to $270M South Austin entertainment district
- City releases new telework standards for its employees
- City Council moves toward enshrining remote work options
- As Austin grows, real estate leaders look at state of city’s character, reputation
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
Discover News By District
Construction for New Blazier kicks off with groundbreaking ceremony
Thursday, May 30, 2019 by Tai Moses
Construction is set to begin this summer on the New Blazier Relief School, one of the campus modernization projects that is part of the 2017 AISD Bond Program. The new school will help relieve overcrowding at Blazier Elementary by building a facility designed to house fourth, fifth and sixth graders. To celebrate, the school is holding a groundbreaking ceremony featuring remarks from Blazier Principal Leti Peña-Wilk, AISD Superintendent Paul Cruz and AISD trustees. The district urges guests to arrive at 9 a.m., park their cars at Blazier Elementary and take a short walk with the community to the groundbreaking site. Tuesday, June 4, 9 a.m., Blazier Elementary School, 8601 Vertex Blvd.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?