Most Popular Stories
- Austin apartments boomed and rents went down. Now, some builders are dismantling the cranes.
- As Council prepped public support, local Google workers learned of layoffs
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- Austin makes library cards free to people outside the city
Discover News By District
Construction begins on Kingsbury Commons
Thursday, February 13, 2020 by Tai Moses
After getting a green light from the city for its site development plan, the Pease Park revitalization project known as Kingsbury Commons is slated to begin on Wednesday, Feb. 19. The lower 7 acres of Pease Park will be closed to the public during construction but the Shoal Creek trail on the eastern side of Kingsbury Commons will remain open, as will the rest of Pease Park. The trail can be accessed from the 15th Street and Lamar entrance or the Custer’s Meadow entrance at Parkway. The Pease Park Conservancy will be posting regular project updates on its website.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?