Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Possible Austin city manager candidate causes ‘s—show,’ but also sheds light on recruiting process
- Council approves climate funding and telework policies
- Austin area has dangerously high levels of air pollution, according to new EPA standards
Discover News By District
Commissioners seek TCAD board applicants
Friday, September 4, 2015 by Nora Ankrum
The Travis County Commissioners Court is seeking applicants to fill a vacancy on the board of directors for the Travis Central Appraisal District. TCAD is responsible for appraising property throughout Travis County. Taxing entities then use those appraisals to assess and impose property taxes. TCAD’s 10-member board oversees the hiring of the chief appraiser and approves the annual budget. Board members serve two-year terms, and the new appointee will begin Jan. 1, 2016. For an application packet or information on eligibility requirements, visit the Travis County website or call 512-854-4774.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?