Most Popular Stories
- City to ban unsafe fence designs
- ‘There is no cure’: Austin urges people to keep dogs away from possibly toxic blue-green algae
- Austin’s light-rail plans set to advance after narrowly dodging Texas-sized wrecking ball
- Good news, bad news from Legislature for Austin
- As city ends remote and telework opportunities, county receives national recognition for its remote work initiative
Discover News By District
CodeNEXT team adds additional open house
Friday, March 24, 2017 by Nina Hernandez
The next CodeNEXT open house starts at noon tomorrow at Stephen F. Austin High School, 1715 Cesar Chavez. It’s the fourth in a series of public meetings to inform the public about the first draft of the code, which has been the target of much skepticism since its release earlier this year. On April 1, Westwood High School hosts the fifth open house, and the city recently announced a sixth session that’s currently scheduled for April 8 at Anderson High School. Do a little prep work by reviewing the draft text on the city’s website.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?