Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
Discover News By District
City still needs Sobriety Center board members
Tuesday, September 26, 2017 by Nina Hernandez
We noted last month that City Council was looking to fill the board of directors for the new Sobriety Center. And, despite passing the initial deadline, the city is still looking for applicants. The initial deadline application was last week, but that’s been extended until 5 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 29. City Council’s Health and Human Services Committee is scheduled to review those applications on Oct. 11. Learn more about how to apply here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?