Most Popular Stories
- City to ban unsafe fence designs
- On-street light rail route selected as best option for city’s mass transit plan
- Public Safety Commission, APD reach a detente
- As city ends remote and telework opportunities, county receives national recognition for its remote work initiative
- Paxton opinion notes likely missteps, possible way forward for Project Connect
Discover News By District
City requests public input on Walsh Boat Landing Project
Thursday, January 5, 2017 by Nina Hernandez
Citizens concerned with the operation of the city’s Walsh Boat Landing on Lake Austin are invited to a public meeting at 6pm Wednesday, Jan. 18, at the Lions Club Golf Course Club House. In the last few years, safety and capacity issues led the Parks and Recreation Department to study the landing, which has public bathrooms, boat ramps and a dock, and propose improvements. Some of those include bulkhead and dock work, the addition of fish processing stations, road work and sidewalks (which will bring the site into compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act). Get an update on the implementation phase of the project at the meeting, and visit the city’s website for more information and backup documents from previous meetings.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?