Most Popular Stories
- Austin apartments boomed and rents went down. Now, some builders are dismantling the cranes.
- As Council prepped public support, local Google workers learned of layoffs
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- Austin makes library cards free to people outside the city
Discover News By District
City launches LGBTQ survey
Tuesday, January 26, 2021 by Tai Moses
As part of Austin’s LGBTQIA+ Quality of Life Study, the city has launched a community survey to “help inform the city and its LGBTQ Quality of Life Advisory Commission about the quality of life of Austin’s LGBTQIA+ communities.” The survey is designed to “provide a better understanding of the community’s strengths and diversity, as well as more effectively advocate for its specific needs” as well as “serve as a historical snapshot of the LGBTQIA+ community in Austin, a population with no official historical documentation among city archives to date.” The anonymous survey takes about 25-30 minutes to complete and runs through April 30. Take the survey at shoutoutaustin.org.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?