About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Austin apartments boomed and rents went down. Now, some builders are dismantling the cranes.
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- City breaks ground on the Barton Springs bathhouse
- Travis County celebrates shift to telework
Discover News By District
City hosts first Music Cities Summit
Thursday, March 19, 2015 by Elizabeth Pagano
In addition to everything else that is going on this week, the City of Austin will be holding the first Music Cities Summit today and Friday. The summit is being coordinated by the Economic Development Department’s music and entertainment division. It will feature a series of roundtable discussions among music, entertainment and special events city representatives from Austin, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle and Toronto. According to a news release, “The Summit will be the first in-person gathering of these metropolitan cities to discuss the intersection of music, film, entertainment, and economic development.”
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?