About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Austin apartments boomed and rents went down. Now, some builders are dismantling the cranes.
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- City breaks ground on the Barton Springs bathhouse
- Travis County celebrates shift to telework
Discover News By District
City facilities (and the Monitor!) closing for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Friday, January 13, 2023 by Elizabeth Pagano
In observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, city administrative offices and facilities will be closed Monday, Jan. 16. The closures include libraries, the animal shelter, the Downtown Austin Community Court, and city utility customer service offices. Trash and recycling collections will not be impacted. Find more information about the city holiday here.
The MLK Community March and Festival will take place Monday, with things kicking off at 9 a.m. at the MLK statue on the UT Austin campus, and concluding at Huston-Tillotson University. Find information about the free march and event here.
The Austin Monitor will also close in observance of the holiday, resuming regular publishing on Tuesday.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?