Most Popular Stories
- Austin apartments boomed and rents went down. Now, some builders are dismantling the cranes.
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- City breaks ground on the Barton Springs bathhouse
- Travis County celebrates shift to telework
Discover News By District
City announces second [Re]Verse Pitch Competition
Monday, August 22, 2016 by Nora Ankrum
The second annual [Re]Verse Pitch Competition is now open for applicants. The city is seeking proposals for innovative uses for waste. In particular, according to an announcement from the city, the idea is to “turn valuable raw materials that are currently leaving local businesses, nonprofits and institutions as waste into the foundation for new social enterprises.” The city is asking for pitches from organizations and businesses “that are consistently generating or collecting by-product, surplus, or other underutilized materials in Austin.” Applications are due Aug. 31. More information is available here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?