Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- New state law limits Austin’s Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- TxDOT ignored I-35 expansion health concerns, county says
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
Discover News By District
Check out a movie, then check out a book
Thursday, October 20, 2016 by Nora Ankrum
The Austin Public Library hosts free movie screenings at various locations around town, often with special talks and events tied to them. This month’s lineup begins with a screening and discussion of the documentary GTFO, about discrimination in the videogame industry. The event, which is part of the library’s ongoing “Controversy & Conversation” series, will take place Thursday, Nov. 3, at 7 p.m., at the Terrazas Branch library, 1105 E. Cesar Chavez St. On Wednesday, Nov. 16, at 6:30 p.m., the Yarborough Branch library (2200 Hancock Drive) will host a screening of Dear White People as part of the book club series “Read Watch Talk.” The screening will be followed by a discussion of both the movie and the book on which it is based. Screenings later in the month include two family films, Finding Dory and BFG, and the Austrian Amour Fou, part of the foreign film series.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?