Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- City breaks ground on the Barton Springs bathhouse
Discover News By District
Central Health hosts budget talks
Friday, June 18, 2021 by Tai Moses
Central Health held some informational community conversations yesterday, in English and in Spanish, “to share highlights from fiscal year 2021 and present proposed budget priorities and budget development timeline for fiscal year 2022.” Central Health will also host a public hearing on Sept. 2 to give community members an opportunity to offer public feedback on the proposed budget. A survey launching on June 25 will also give the community a chance to weigh in on Central Health’s fiscal year 2022 priorities; stay tuned for information about how to access the survey online. The final proposed budget will then be presented first to the Central Health Board of Managers, followed by the Travis County Commissioners Court, for approval. Watch the Facebook Live recordings in English or Spanish.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?