About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Austin apartments boomed and rents went down. Now, some builders are dismantling the cranes.
- As Council prepped public support, local Google workers learned of layoffs
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- Austin makes library cards free to people outside the city
Discover News By District
BoA gets new chair
Tuesday, October 20, 2015 by Elizabeth Pagano
Last week, the Board of Adjustment elected a new chair, again. Board members voted unanimously to elect William Burkhardt as their new chair. Melissa Hawthorne will stay on as vice chair of the board. Burkhardt formerly served on the Residential Design Compatibility Commission, which has been disbanded. Though Board Member Vincent Harding had been elected chair of the Board of Adjustment when the new regime took over, he opted to step down after his recent election as chairman of the Travis County Democratic Party. His last meeting was Oct. 12.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?