Most Popular Stories
- Council considering allowing tiny homes, RVs as accessory dwelling units
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Are rents falling? Apartment association sees construction, weak demand causing ‘negative rent growth’
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- Travis Heights “gingerbread house” on track for historic landmark status
Discover News By District
Bike Austin to host Survive Riverside ride/walk
Wednesday, December 9, 2015 by Nora Ankrum
On Saturday, Bike Austin is hosting an awareness-raising Survive Riverside ride and walk, an event intended to highlight the dangers faced by cyclists and pedestrians who travel on East Riverside Drive. The effort is part of the orgnaization’s campaign to encourage installation of safety improvements – such as protected bike lanes – along the thoroughfare. According to Bike Austin’s announcement about the event, the East Riverside corridor was the site of “over 32 life-altering injuries and crashes” and “at least 3 deaths” between 2010 and 2014. Area residents, city staff and City Council Member Pio Renteria will be speaking at the event, which begins at 1 p.m. Participants should meet at the Midway Field House, 2015 E. Riverside Drive.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?