Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- City breaks ground on the Barton Springs bathhouse
Discover News By District
Austin Transportation pilots new parking system
Monday, June 3, 2019 by Tai Moses
A new, simplified parking system that lets motorists use pay stations without having to return to their vehicles may take some of the sting out of searching for a parking space in Austin. Instead of printing out a receipt to place on their windshields, users simply enter their license plate numbers into special pay stations. Austin Transportation will be testing out the new system next week in a small area near Butler Shores using pay stations on Jessie Street, Butler Road, Toomey Road, Josephine Street, Sterzing Street, Barton Springs Road and Lee Barton Drive. Signage will explain how to use the new system. At the end of three months, the Transportation Department will evaluate the system and decide whether to expand it to additional locations.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?