About the Author
Jo Clifton is the Politics Editor for the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Council considering allowing tiny homes, RVs as accessory dwelling units
- Are rents falling? Apartment association sees construction, weak demand causing ‘negative rent growth’
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- Preservationists grapple with front lawn makeover at Tarrytown Tudor
Discover News By District
Austin Resource Recovery: Changes at the top
Monday, March 25, 2019 by Jo Clifton
While we were enjoying SXSW and spring break, Assistant City Manager Chris Shorter announced a shake-up in the leadership of Austin Resource Recovery. Sam Angoori, who has been interim director of the department since early 2017 when Bob Gedert moved to Cincinnati to get married, is now deputy director. Richard McHale, who has more than 25 years of experience with the city of Austin’s solid waste department, was named the new interim director. He will serve in that role until a new permanent director is named, according to a memo Shorter sent to employees.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?