Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Cap Metro settles with city on East Austin real estate deal that paves the way for wastewater project
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
Discover News By District
Austin High announces all-faculty performance
Tuesday, September 17, 2019 by Tai Moses
Oh, to have been a fly on the wall at the faculty meeting where this idea was hatched: 30 Austin High School faculty members will appear in a theater production of Robert Fulghum’s bestselling book All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten. Fulghum’s humorous, nostalgic book of essays, which was published 30 years ago, has become a classic that’s sold tens of millions of copies around the world. According to the AISD press announcement, “Kindergarten takes a funny, insightful, heartwarming look at what is profound in everyday life. It’s an evening of theatrical storytelling in revue format, with monologues, dialogues and multiple voice narration, enhanced through the use of live piano underscoring.” Catch a 7 p.m. show on Monday, Sept. 23; Tuesday, Sept. 24; and Monday, Sept. 30; and a 2 p.m. matinee on Sunday, Sept. 29. Austin High School Performing Arts Center, 1715 W. Cesar Chavez St.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?