Most Popular Stories
- Garza makes major changes to city organization
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Landmark Commission stalls demolition at former summer camp in Northwest Hills
- Report: APD Training Academy curriculum review flawed, hampered by resistance to reform
- Austin Public Health offers $50 gift cards for COVID vaccinations and boosters
Discover News By District
Austin celebrates 25 years of tree hugging
Monday, October 17, 2016 by Nora Ankrum
The Parks and Recreation Department is hosting a family-friendly Arbor Day celebration this weekend to mark Austin’s 25th anniversary as a member of Tree City USA. In honor of a quarter-century of kindness toward trees, PARD is inviting volunteers to help plant native trees and make wildflower seed balls on Saturday, Oct. 22, from 9 a.m. to noon, at the Southern Walnut Creek Hike and Bike Trail, 7800 Johnny Morris Road. Live music and refreshments will be provided.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?