Most Popular Stories
- Austin apartments boomed and rents went down. Now, some builders are dismantling the cranes.
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- City breaks ground on the Barton Springs bathhouse
- Travis County celebrates shift to telework
Discover News By District
Austin B-cycle commences major expansion
Thursday, July 6, 2017 by Nina Hernandez
Over the next year and a half, Austin B-cycle will work to complete a major expansion. The first of 18 new stations are going up this week at three different locations: Cesar Chavez Street and Congress Avenue; Sterzing Street and Barton Springs Road; and one on Henderson Street between Sixth and Ninth streets. The 35 percent system expansion will put 125 more bikes on the road. B-cycle already boasts 51 stations and 380 bikes citywide and has recorded more than 100,000 trips this year. The Henderson station, sponsored by advertising company GSD&M, will be installed today at 10 a.m. Find a complete list of stations, and more information about riding, on B-cycle’s website.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?