About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Possible Austin city manager candidate causes ‘s—show,’ but also sheds light on recruiting process
- Council approves climate funding and telework policies
- Landmark commissioners seek recourse for TxDOT’s threat to Edward Rendon Sr. Park
Discover News By District
AURA endorses Council candidates
Tuesday, October 28, 2014 by Elizabeth Pagano
Joining the legions of groups endorsing in the upcoming city election Monday, AURA made its picks known. The group describes itself as a “a grass roots urbanist organization focused on building an Austin for everyone by improving land use and transportation through policy analysis, public involvement, and political engagement.” Given their recent participation in local politics, it should come as no surprise that they are urging a vote against the city’s ballot proposition for rail and roads. The group also announced endorsements for most of the City Council races Monday. AURA members endorsed Mike Martinez in the mayoral race, but noted there was “substantial support” for Sheryl Cole among their members. They also endorsed Delia Garza (District 2), Jose Valera (District 3), Greg Casar (District 4), Jimmy Flannigan (District 6), Jeb Boyt (District 7) and Chris Riley (District 9).
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?