About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
- Cap Metro settles with city on East Austin real estate deal that paves the way for wastewater project
Discover News By District
ATA names new executive director
Wednesday, September 25, 2019 by Elizabeth Pagano
Sarah Ortiz Shields is the new executive director of Austin Tech Alliance, the local nonprofit aimed at boosting civic engagement in Austin’s tech community. Shields has been serving as director on an interim basis since November 2018, and has experience as a program manager, managing technology and startup teams at the city and in the private sector. “I am honored to serve as the executive director of Austin Tech Alliance, and I look forward to working with our board, members and volunteers to continue raising awareness of civics in Austin’s tech community,” she said. ATA will be celebrating its third anniversary on Oct. 23. Tickets are available for purchase here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?