Most Popular Stories
- Austin apartments boomed and rents went down. Now, some builders are dismantling the cranes.
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- City breaks ground on the Barton Springs bathhouse
- Travis County celebrates shift to telework
Discover News By District
Are you eligible for free Covid-19 testing?
Monday, June 1, 2020 by Tai Moses
The city is encouraging community members to fill out the public enrollment testing form to see if they’re eligible for a no-cost Covid-19 test. An online self-assessment is required first; eligibility will be determined by symptoms and risk factors. You may fill out the self-assessment for a family member, if necessary. There are no questions about immigration status and the test and assessment are free. A one-minute video explains the process (available in Spanish). Those who are approved for free testing may schedule an appointment at a drive-thru testing site. You must be in a vehicle to use the test site. Find more information here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?