Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Council considering allowing tiny homes, RVs as accessory dwelling units
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- Preservationists grapple with front lawn makeover at Tarrytown Tudor
Discover News By District
All Together ATX releases recipient list for final round of funding
Thursday, December 10, 2020 by Katy McElroy
Austin Community Foundation and United Way for Greater Austin announced on Tuesday the third and final round of grant funding for local nonprofits from their community-led philanthropic fund. All Together ATX provides flexible resources to nonprofit organizations working with communities experiencing economic and health-related hardships due to the Covid-19 pandemic. This round, 111 organizations will receive a total of $3.5 million for basic needs and support. The funding, which includes a matched gift from the Sheth Sangreal Foundation, breaks down as follows:
- Food security – 34 grants totaling $435,000
- Direct cash assistance – 42 grants totaling $2.2 million
- Social supports – 30 grants totaling $555,000
- COVID-19 modifications and personal protective equipment – 25 grants totaling $356,000
Find the complete list of grant recipients here. The funds will be distributed electronically by Dec. 24. Since March 27, 2020, Austin Community Foundation and United Way raised $7.7 million for All Together ATX from corporate and individual donors.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?