Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
Discover News By District
AISD on weeklong break for holiday
Friday, July 1, 2016 by Kayleigh Hughes
If you need to get in contact with the Austin Independent School District, you’ll have to hold off until the week of July 10th because AISD offices and schools will be taking a one-week break from July 4-8 in observance of the Fourth of July holiday. The district also reminds Austinites that it is running on a summer efficiency schedule through Aug. 12, which means business hours from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday, with offices closed on Fridays. Regular five-day weeks will resume on Monday, Aug. 15, with classes beginning Monday, Aug. 22. Have a happy vacation, AISD!
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?