Most Popular Stories
- ‘Little Luckenbach’ could link Sam’s Town Point to $270M South Austin entertainment district
- City Council moves toward enshrining remote work options
- City releases new telework standards for its employees
- As Austin grows, real estate leaders look at state of city’s character, reputation
- Cap Metro settles with city on East Austin real estate deal that paves the way for wastewater project
Discover News By District
AISD hosts census ambassador training
Monday, January 27, 2020 by Tai Moses
The Austin Independent School District, an active participant in the Austin-Travis County Complete Count Committee, will be hosting a Census 2020 ambassador training. The ambassadors’ job is to help ensure that everyone in the school district and Central Texas – particularly difficult-to-count populations such as young children, low-income households, students and people experiencing homelessness – is accurately represented in the census. As an AISD news release explains, a precise count will “ensure our families and communities get their fair share of federal funding for schools, roads, health care, libraries, and social services.” 9 a.m.-noon, Monday, Jan. 27, AISD Performing Arts Center, 1500 Barbara Jordan Blvd.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?