Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- City breaks ground on the Barton Springs bathhouse
Discover News By District
AISD board to hold virtual meeting tonight
Monday, March 30, 2020 by Tai Moses
The Austin ISD Board of Trustees’ regular voting meeting will proceed as planned today – well, not quite as planned. In order to obey the public health order designed to prevent the spread of Covid-19, the board and AISD administration will be meeting virtually, streaming live at 6 p.m. on AISD.TV and on the Austin ISD Facebook page. The meeting will address the district’s ongoing coronavirus response and the search for a replacement for superintendent Paul Cruz, who announced that he was stepping down next month. Community members who would like to offer public testimony on an agenda item may call 512-414-0130 between 7:45 a.m. and 3 p.m. today to record a comment before the meeting. Visit the Austin ISD BoardDocs website for more information on the agenda.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?