Most Popular Stories
Discover News By District
Additional water sites open
Tuesday, February 8, 2022 by Tai Moses
With the citywide boil-water notice still in effect, Austin/Travis County has opened additional sites for residents to pick up bottled water. As of Monday, seven sites are open to supply water to those who lack the ability or the means to purchase or boil their own water. Here is the location of the seven water distribution sites:
- Travis County Expo Center, 7311 Decker Lane, noon-8 p.m.
- Austin Water Glen Bell Service Center, 3907 South Industrial Drive, open 24 hours (bring your own water container)
- Austin Water North Service Center, 901 W. Koenig Lane, open 24 hours (bring your own water container)
- Kelly Reeves Athletic Stadium, 10211 W. Parmer Lane, noon-8 p.m.
- Southeast Metropolitan Park, 4511 State Highway 71, noon-8 p.m.
- Travis County Tax Office-Southeast, 4011 McKinney Falls Parkway, noon-8 p.m.
- Walnut Creek Metropolitan Park, 12138 N. Lamar Blvd., noon-8 p.m.
- ACC Pinnacle Campus, 7748 U.S. Highway 290, noon-8 p.m.
Those who need water but cannot get to any of the distribution sites should call 311 for assistance. Residents are asked to please recycle all single-use plastic bottles and jugs instead of throwing them in the trash. You can find the most up-to-date information on water distribution sites here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?