About the Author
Mark Richardson is a multimedia journalist, editor and writer who has worked in digital, print and broadcast media for three decades. He is a nationally recognized editor and reporter who has covered government, politics and the environment. A journalism graduate from the University of Texas at Austin, he was recently awarded a Foundation for Investigative Journalism grant and has three Associated Press Managing Editors awards for excellence in reporting.
Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Cap Metro settles with city on East Austin real estate deal that paves the way for wastewater project
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
Discover News By District
ABIA passenger traffic up in February
Just ahead of the usual influx of people for Austin’s March events, passenger traffic at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport jumped 8 percent in February. It marked the 61st out of the last 62 months that ABIA traffic has grown. Officials say total traffic in February was 738,355 passengers, while February boardings totaled 366,231, up 7.5 percent. Most of the major airlines serving ABIA saw an increase in February passenger traffic, with the exceptions of American Airlines and JetBlue, both of which saw small drops in passengers. February air cargo at ABIA was up 7 percent compared to February 2014; international air cargo was up 142.5 percent.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?