Most Popular Stories
- Austin apartments boomed and rents went down. Now, some builders are dismantling the cranes.
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- City breaks ground on the Barton Springs bathhouse
- Travis County celebrates shift to telework
Discover News By District
RECA releases quarterly commercial real estate data
Thursday, April 7, 2016 by Nora Ankrum
The Real Estate Council of Austin has released the first quarterly report of the year aggregating commercial real estate statistics for the Austin area. Overall, the report shows that vacancies are low and, compared to last year, rental rates are up slightly. For office space, the overall vacancy rate has decreased from 9.08 percent in the fourth quarter of 2015 to 8.45 percent. The rate has gone down for industrial real estate as well, from 6.10 percent to 4.65 percent. Meanwhile, the retail vacancy rate has increased slightly, from 3.4 percent to 3.6 percent. For more information, including various rental rates, see the data here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?