About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Cap Metro settles with city on East Austin real estate deal that paves the way for wastewater project
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
Discover News By District
Transportation BBB update
Friday, April 1, 2016 by Elizabeth Pagano
This Tuesday, the Austin Monitor and the Downtown Austin Alliance will host our latest Beers, Brains and Betterment forum: Austin Transportation, What’s Next? It will take place at the North Door at 6:30 p.m. That hasn’t changed, and we hope you can join us. What has changed is that Mayor Steve Adler has had to bow out of the conversation to actually work on what’s next, in the form of the Smart City grant application. Taking his place will be City Council Member Ann Kitchen, who will join state Sen. Kirk Watson and Monitor publisher Mike Kanin for what promises to be a lively conversation. See you there!
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?