Most Popular Stories
- Transit leaders preparing new Project Connect scenarios for March open house
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Google Fiber to expand presence in Travis County
- Texas Legislature could derail Austin’s transit expansion
- Austin Public Health offers $50 gift cards for COVID vaccinations and boosters
Discover News By District
People’s Gallery brings new art to City Hall
Thursday, February 25, 2016 by Nora Ankrum
The new People’s Gallery is here. Now in its 12th year, this exhibition displays local artwork throughout City Hall, this year featuring the work of more than 100 area artists and arts organizations, according to an announcement from the Economic Development Department. The current selection of artwork will come down in a year, but visitors have until Oct. 30 to vote on one piece – the “People’s Choice” – to remain on permanent display. An opening reception for the exhibition, with musical accompaniment from acoustic guitarist Thales Smith, will be held Friday, Feb. 26, 6 to 9 p.m.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?