About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
Discover News By District
Conversation Corps talks water in January
Thursday, January 7, 2016 by Elizabeth Pagano
This month, Austin’s Conversation Corps is talking water. Specifically, the group is holding a series of public meetings about whether the city should make the Stage 2 Water Use Restrictions permanent. Those restrictions, which limit watering to one day per week, have been in place since 2011 due to the drought. The Austin Water utility has proposed making them permanent in order to encourage conservation. To gauge public sentiment, Conversation Corps is scheduling meetings around town. All are open to the public. A list of meetings, which will continue to be updated, is available online here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?