About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
Discover News By District
[Re]Verse voting now open
Thursday, December 3, 2015 by Elizabeth Pagano
Eight entreprenuers are currently competing for a $10,000 [Re]Verse Pitch innovation prize, and online voting that will help determine who wins is now open. According to a press release about the event, the final competition will take place on Dec. 9 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. in the Bass Lecture Hall at the Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, 2300 Red River St. Although the event is free and open to the public, RSVPs are requested.
The eight finalists in contention for the prize are:
• Sue Sende Cole, Working With Wicker (repurposing wicker baskets)
• Santiago Diaz, Austin Building Materials Depository and Working Space (repurposing books, spent grain, vinyl banners, waterproof clogs, canvas and decorative glassware)
• Joe Diffie, The Table to Bacon Feed Company (repurposing spent grain)
• Aaron Pierron, Non-Container Glass Recycling (repurposing decorative glassware)
• Melissa Rothrock, Calling All Seamstresses (repurposing vinyl banners)
• Cory Skuldt, Brew Biscuits Expansion (repurposing spent grain)
• Renata Sturdival, Safe Innovative Heels (repurposing vinyl banners and waterproof clogs)
• Brandon Ward, Brewnola Bars (repurposing spent grain)
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?