About the Author
Mark Richardson is a multimedia journalist, editor and writer who has worked in digital, print and broadcast media for three decades. He is a nationally recognized editor and reporter who has covered government, politics and the environment. A journalism graduate from the University of Texas at Austin, he was recently awarded a Foundation for Investigative Journalism grant and has three Associated Press Managing Editors awards for excellence in reporting.
Most Popular Stories
Discover News By District
TipSheet: Austin City Council Budget Work Session
The Austin City Council meets Tuesday morning for another Budget Work Session. Highlights on this week’s agenda:
- Council members will consider adopting the maximum tax rate of 49.22 cents per $100 taxable value and set the date to adopt the FY2015 tax rate.
- The Council will also set public hearings on the tax rate and for comments on the proposed FY2015 budget.
- Council will also hear more budget presentations from city departments.
Austin City Council Budget Work Session
Town Lake Center, 721 Barton Springs Road
9:30 a.m. Aug. 19, 2014
City Council Convenes
1.Approve a resolution adopting a maximum proposed property (ad valorem) tax rate of 49.22 cents per $100 taxable value that the City Council will consider for Fiscal Year 2014-2015; and setting the date that the Council will adopt the Fiscal Year 2014-2015 property (ad valorem) tax rate (Suggested date and time: Sept. 8, 2014 at 9:30 a.m. Town Lake Center Assembly Room, 721 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX). (Public comment will be allowed on this item.)
Item(s) to Set Public Hearing(s)
2. Set a public hearings to consider the proposed property (ad valorem) tax rate for Fiscal Year 2014-2015 (Suggested dates and times: Aug. 28, 2014 at 4 p.m., Travis County Commissioners Court, 700 Lavaca Street, Austin, Texas and Sept. 3, 2014 at 9:30 a.m., Town Lake Center Assembly Room, 721 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX). (Public comment will be allowed on this item.)
3. Set a second public hearing to receive public comment on the City of Austin Fiscal Year 2014-2015 Proposed Budget. (Suggested date and time: Sept. 3, 2014 at 9:30 a.m., Town Lake Center Assembly Room, 721 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX). (Public comment will be allowed on this item.)
4. Briefing and discussion related to the departmental proposed budgets.
Do you like this story?
There are so many important stories we don't get to write. As a nonprofit journalism source, every contributed dollar helps us provide you more coverage. Do your part by joining our subscribers in supporting our reporters' work.