About the Author
Mark Richardson is a multimedia journalist, editor and writer who has worked in digital, print and broadcast media for three decades. He is a nationally recognized editor and reporter who has covered government, politics and the environment. A journalism graduate from the University of Texas at Austin, he was recently awarded a Foundation for Investigative Journalism grant and has three Associated Press Managing Editors awards for excellence in reporting.
Most Popular Stories
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Texas Legislature could derail Austin’s transit expansion
- Austin Public Health offers $50 gift cards for COVID vaccinations and boosters
- Zoning case at Planning Commission highlights ‘broken’ Land Development Code, prompts fixes from Council
- Report: APD Training Academy curriculum review flawed, hampered by resistance to reform
Discover News By District
Tip Sheet: Travis County Commissioners 9.30
Monday, September 29, 2014 by Mark Richardson
The Travis County Commissioners Court meets at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
In the interest of space, we’ve decided not to post the entire agenda here. The County Clerk’s office hosts a copy at its website.
Items of interest for Commissioners Court include:
10. CONSIDER AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION ON PROPOSED REQUEST FROM THE HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT TO CONDUCT A COMPREHENSIVE CLASSIFICATION AND COMPENSATION STUDY DURING FY2015.
Monitor’s take: The Human Resources department is requesting to update a 2011 Classification and Compensation Study of Travis County jobs during the coming fiscal year. The study will evaluate how county jobs compare to similar ones in the private sector. The HR department proposes to perform the study in-house.
28. CONSIDER AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION ON A REQUEST FOR A REIMBURSEMENT RESOLUTION EXPRESSING TRAVIS COUNTY’S INTENT TO FINANCE EXPENDITURES TO BE INCURRED FOR THE DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 45 SOUTHWEST BETWEEN LOOP 1 (MOPAC) AND FM 1626 IN THE AMOUNT OF $12,500,000 AND TO REIMBURSE ITSELF FROM STATE HIGHWAY BONDS.
Monitor’s take: Commissioners plan to approve their $12.5 million contribution to build State Highway 45 Southwest and fund the expense with State Highway Bonds.
34. CONSIDER AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION ON PROPOSED PILOT PROGRAM FOR VIDEO CONFERENCING IN COMMISSIONERS COURT.
Monitor’s take: Commissioners will consider pilot program to test video conferencing system to allow county employees at remote offices to appear before and participate in County Commission meetings.
Do you like this story?
There are so many important stories we don't get to write. As a nonprofit journalism source, every contributed dollar helps us provide you more coverage. Do your part by joining our subscribers in supporting our reporters' work.
Key Players & Topics In This Article
Travis County Commissioners Court: The legislative body for Travis County. It includes representatives from the four Travis County Precincts, as well as the County Judge. The County Judge serves as the chair of the Court.