About the Author
Mark Richardson is a multimedia journalist, editor and writer who has worked in digital, print and broadcast media for three decades. He is a nationally recognized editor and reporter who has covered government, politics and the environment. A journalism graduate from the University of Texas at Austin, he was recently awarded a Foundation for Investigative Journalism grant and has three Associated Press Managing Editors awards for excellence in reporting.
Most Popular Stories
Discover News By District
Tip Sheet: Travis County Commissioners 9.23
The Travis County Commissioners Court meets at 9 a.m. Tuesday.
In the interest of space, we’ve decided not to post the entire agenda here. The County Clerk’s office hosts a copy at its website.
Items of interest for Commissioners Court include:
10. CONSIDER AND TAKE APPROPRIATION ACTION REGARDING PROFESSIONAL EARLY CHILDHOOD SERVICES PROGRAM AS FOLLOWS:
- APPROVE SIX (6) NEW CONTRACTS RESULTING FROM RFS #1402-001-SP:
- APPROVE TWO (2) NEW CONTRACTS WITH EXISTING VENDORS:
- APPROVE THREE (3) RENEWAL CONTRACT MODIFICATIONS:
Monitor’s take: Travis County Commissioners will consider appropriating $731,000 to contracts for Professional Early Childhood service programs for FY 2015. The funding is for new contracts under the recent request for Services, existing contractors and renewals with modifications. Approval will make funding available to the agencies by Oct. 1.
16. APPROVE TWELVE MONTH EXTENSION OF 60 SOCIAL SERVICES CONTRACTS. (SEE ATTACHMENT A FOR LIST OF CONTRACTS).
Attachment A: FY2015 HHSVS Social Services Contract Renewals
Monitor’s take: Travis County Commissioners will consider appropriating $7.9 million to contracts for Social Services programs for FY 2015. The funding is for new contracts under the recent Request for Services. Approval will make funding available to the agencies by Oct. 1.
38. CONSIDER AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION ON TRAVIS COUNTY HEALTHCARE DISTRICT D/B/A CENTRAL HEALTH 2014 TAX RATE:
39. CONSIDER AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION ON THE TRAVIS COUNTY HEALTHCARE DISTRICT D/B/A CENTRAL HEALTH FOR FISCAL YEAR 2015 BUDGET.
Monitor’s take: Commissioners will approve and set the tax rate for the Travis County Healthcare District, known as Central Health, as well as the agency’s FY 2015 Budget.
Do you like this story?
There are so many important stories we don't get to write. As a nonprofit journalism source, every contributed dollar helps us provide you more coverage. Do your part by joining our subscribers in supporting our reporters' work.
Key Players & Topics In This Article
Travis County Central Health: Health organization that provides care and improves service for uninsured individuals in Travis County.
Travis County Commissioners Court: The legislative body for Travis County. It includes representatives from the four Travis County Precincts, as well as the County Judge. The County Judge serves as the chair of the Court.