About the Author
Mark Richardson is a multimedia journalist, editor and writer who has worked in digital, print and broadcast media for three decades. He is a nationally recognized editor and reporter who has covered government, politics and the environment. A journalism graduate from the University of Texas at Austin, he was recently awarded a Foundation for Investigative Journalism grant and has three Associated Press Managing Editors awards for excellence in reporting.
Most Popular Stories
- Austin apartments boomed and rents went down. Now, some builders are dismantling the cranes.
- As Council prepped public support, local Google workers learned of layoffs
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- Austin makes library cards free to people outside the city
Discover News By District
Tip Sheet: Travis County Commissioners 12-30
The Travis County Commissioners Court meets at 9 a.m. Tuesday in its final session of the year. In the interest of space, we’ve decided not to post the entire agenda here. The County Clerk’s office posts a copy at its website.
Items of interest for Commissioners Court include:
2. RECEIVE PUBLIC COMMENTS ON THE ABOLITION OF THE NORTHWEST TRAVIS COUNTY ROAD DISTRICT #3 (GOLDEN TRIANGLE). (ACTION ITEM #22) (COMMISSIONER TODD)
Monitor’s Take: The Northwest Travis County Road District #3 was created in 1986 for the purpose of creating a specific list of roadways and drainage facilities in the district. Those projects were completed and all outstanding debts and fees owed by the district paid as of September 2014. By law, the County must dissolve the district. Commissioners will receive comments and likely abolish the district.
5. PRESENTATION REGARDING THE CAREER OF SAMUEL T. BISCOE, TRAVIS COUNTY JUDGE. (COMMISSIONER GOMEZ AND COMMISSIONER DAUGHERTY)
Monitor’s Take: Tuesday is Judge Sam Biscoe’s final meeting after serving some 20 years on the Court. His fellow Commissioners and county staff will recall his tenure and honor him.
11. CONSIDER AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION ON AMENDMENT TO THE RRE SOLAR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT INCENTIVE AGREEMENT.
Monitor’s Take: RRE Solar has an economic development agreement with Travis County, but has yet to build a facility on a site near Pflugerville as designated in its agreement. The county has negotiated a one-year extension with RRE to allow it to obtain a power purchase agreement and begin building a facility by the end of 2015, or the agreement will be terminated.
25. RECEIVE UPDATE AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION REGARDING APPLICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP ON THE TRAVIS COUNTY HEALTHCARE DISTRICT (DBA CENTRAL HEALTH) BOARD OF MANAGERS.
Monitor’s Take: Commissioners will consider a list prepared by a committee of the top candidates for appointment to the Central Health Board of Managers. Commissioners will choose the top few candidates and send the list to the new Commissioners Court for its consideration.
Do you like this story?
There are so many important stories we don't get to write. As a nonprofit journalism source, every contributed dollar helps us provide you more coverage. Do your part by joining our subscribers in supporting our reporters' work.