Most Popular Stories
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Garza makes major changes to city organization
- Texas Legislature could derail Austin’s transit expansion
- Report: APD Training Academy curriculum review flawed, hampered by resistance to reform
- Landmark Commission stalls demolition at former summer camp in Northwest Hills
Discover News By District
- The process of implementing automated parking pay stations at Zilker is almost finished
- APD crime crackdown during SXSW resulted in multiple arrests and drug seizures
- It’s time to hurry up and get storm debris to the curb
- Bijan Robinson helps city raise awareness of water safety
- Council OKs plan for libraries
Key Players & Topics In This Article
City of Austin Land Development Code: The city's Land Development Code regulates building and development in the city of Austin. As part of the Imagine Austin Comprehensive Plan, the code is currently undergoing a rewrite in what is called the "CodeNEXT." That process is expected to be completed in 2016.
City of Austin Planning Commission: This commission addresses issues of land use as assigned to it by Austin's City Code. These include the abilities "[t]o make and amend a master plan, recommend approval or disapproval of proposed zoning changes and control land subdivision within neighborhood planning areas and submit, annually, a list of recommended capital improvements." It has sovereign authority, or the right to make final decisions on certain cases.